This version in effect since 11th April 2020
- Our details
- How we collect or obtain personal information about you
- Personal information we collect or obtain about you
- How we use your personal information
- How long we retain your personal information
- How we secure your personal information
- Transfers of your personal information to other countries and safeguards used
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- Your right to object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes
- Consequences of not providing your personal information to us
- Changes to your information
- Children’s Privacy
- California Do Not Track Disclosures
- Copyright, credit and logo
- Data controller: Suleman Thadha
How we collect or obtain your information:
- when you provide it to us (e.g. by contacting us or placing an order on our website signing up to your newsletter),
- from your use of our website, using cookies.
- Personal information we collect: name, contact details, IP address.
- How we use your personal information: for administrative and business purposes particularly to contact you and process orders you place on our website, to improve our business and website, for advertising and analytical purposes, in connection with our legal rights and obligations
- Disclosure of your personal information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, fulfill any orders we receive from you. e.g Post an order postal services need your address.
- Do we sell personal information to third parties: No
- How long we retain your personal information: for no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes) and any other legal basis we have for using your personal information e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business.
- How we secure your personal information: using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your personal information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers, encrypting payments on our site via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and only granting access to your personal information where necessary.
- Transfers of your personal information outside the European Economic Area: we will not transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
- to access your personal information and to be informed about its use
- to correct your personal information
- to have your personal information deleted
- to restrict the use of your personal information
- to object to the use of your personal information
- to complain to a supervisory authority
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information
The data controller in respect of our website is PCS Books Ltd T/a Books4People, Company of Unit 5, Vulcan House, Vulcan Road, Leicester, LE5 3EF. You can contact the data controller by writing to Books4People, Unit 5, Vulcan House Business Centre, Vulcan Road Leicester, LE5 3EF
How we collect or obtain personal information about you
Information collected from you
We collect personal information about you when you provide it to us, such as through your use of our website and its features, when you contact us directly by email, phone, in writing, or via social media, when you order goods and services, when you use any of our other websites or applications or any other means by which you provide personal information to us.
Information collected from your use of our website
Personal information we collect or obtain about you
The type of information we collect about you includes information such as:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your payment information, but we do not store this information. (e.g. your credit or debit card details);
- your IP address;
- information about your device e.g. device and browser type;
- information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time you viewed them and what you clicked on);
- information about your mobile device (such as your geographical location)
- Information received from you
When you contact us by email, the information we collect about you will be your name and email address and any other information you provide to us.
Protecting your privacy is important to Books4People. This Policy explains how PCS Books collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using Books4People web sites, including Books4People.com, Books4People.co.uk (each, a "Web site" and collectively, the "Web sites") and the services provided through any of the Web sites. It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information through Web sites. Any personal information you provide will be treated with care, and subject to this Policy will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented.
1. By using a Web site or submitting information to PCS Books LTD through or in connection with a Web site, you signify your consent to PCS Books LTD collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you may not use any of the Web sites or submit information to PCS Books LTD through or in connection with a Web site.
2. If you use our web site or any of our company services in anyway and enter you details or email address to us, we will assume you have given us the right to send you emails to improve our communication with you. Therefore, you will be auto enrolled in to our direct marketing campaign. You can object by simply unsubscribing from email campaign any time.
Information Automatically Collected
2. Non-Personal Information - As is typical with many other internet web sites, the Web sites automatically collect certain non-personal information regarding Web site users, such as the date and time you access the Web site, the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to the Web site, the operating system you are using, the Web site pages read and images viewed, and any content you post to or download from the Web site. This non-personal information is used for Web site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web sites. Non-personal information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
3. Cookies - The Web sites use "cookies", a technology that stores a small amount of information on a Web site user’s computer to permit the Web site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of Web sites. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Web site (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized Web page content and information for your use and otherwise facilitate your Web site experience. Books4People may engage third parties to provide cookies that collect information regarding Web site use (more information about such cookies, including available opt-out options, may be found by clicking here). You may choose to decline cookies generally if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web sites and your ability to access certain features of the Web sites.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
4. Your Personal Information - During your use of the Web sites, including your registration as a Books4People customer, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your personal name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, and credit card information) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you or facilitating your use of the Web sites, including purchasing books from booksellers. If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, you will not be able to register as a Books4People customer or use certain features of the Web sites.
5. Use of Your Personal Information - Books4People may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, respond to your communications, provide services to you, facilitate and enhance your use of the Web sites, facilitate transactions through the Web sites, and as otherwise permitted by law. Books4People may develop a confidential profile for you, which will be used to provide services to you and facilitate your use of the Web sites. Additionally, Books4People may keep a record of all communications with you.
6. E-mails from Books4People - If you register as a Books4People customer, then Books4People may send to you, from time to time, e-mail or other communications containing information about Books4People and the Web sites and other matters Books4People believes will interest you. At any time you may ask Books4People to stop sending you e-mail and other information by sending your request by post to our address on the contact us page. Also, each e-mail Books4People sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited e-mail. From time to time Books4People may also send to you e-mail containing important information regarding the Web site, which you may not opt-out of receiving.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information - Books4People may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and as otherwise permitted by applicable law:
Disclosure to Authorizing Persons - If you use the Web sites on behalf of another person or organization (such as your employer), Books4People may provide your personal information to that authorizing person/organization. Books4People has no control over the use of your personal information by the authorizing person/organization, and that use is not subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to the person/organization on whose behalf you use the Web sites, you may not use the Web sites.
Disclosure to Affiliates, Booksellers, Suppliers and Service Providers - Books4People may provide your personal information to its affiliated businesses, such as Books4People, to booksellers from whom you order books through the Web sites, or other suppliers and service providers for use in connection with the operation of the Web sites. For example, Books4People discloses certain of your personal information to the bookseller from whom you order books, your credit card provider and the shipping company in order to facilitate the purchase of books through the Web sites. PCS Books LTD may also disclose certain of your personal information to service providers that analyze Web site use. Books4People requires its affiliated businesses, booksellers, suppliers and service providers to agree to use your personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to Books4People affiliated businesses, booksellers, suppliers and service providers, you may not register as a Books4People customer or order books through the Web sites.
Disclosure in Business Transfers - Books4People may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its business. As part of that sale or transfer, Books4People may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Books4People has no liability for the acquiring organization’s use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you do not wish Books4People to disclose your personal information as part of the sale or transfer of some or all of its business, please send your request by post to our postal address on the contact us page.
Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure - Books4People may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Books4People has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to its legal counsel. Books4People has no control over, or liability for, those persons’ use and disclosure of your personal information, and that use and disclosure is not subject to this Policy.
8. Depersonalized Information - Books4People may use personal information to create non-personal information regarding the use of the Web sites and related services. Books4People may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons and permanently archive that non-personal information for future use.
9. Business Contact Information - To the extent permitted by law, the provisions of this Policy concerning "personal information" do not apply to information (such as your personal name, position or title, business address, business telephone number, business fax number, and business e-mail address) which enable you to be contacted at a place of business.
10. Location of Information - Books4People will store and process your personal information in Leicester, United Kingdom.
11. Securing Your Information - To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Books4People employs reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, security risks cannot be eliminated and Books4People cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be used or disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
12. Accessing Your Personal Information - You may request access to your personal information and information about Books4People collection, use and disclosure of that information by sending your request by post to our address on the contact us page. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information within a reasonable time, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. Books4People attempts to keep its records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
13. Other Web Sites - The Web sites may contain links to other web sites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another web site. Books4People has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other web sites or their collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
14. Customer Agreement - The Books4People Customer Agreement contains important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting or excluding Books4People liability for your use of the Web sites and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding the Web sites. Each of those provisions applies to any disputes that may arise in relation to this Policy or Books4People collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information, and are of the same force and effect as if they had been reproduced directly in this Policy.
15. Former Users - If you stop using the Web sites or your permission to use the Web sites is terminated, Books4People may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. However, if you want Books4People to stop sending you unsolicited e-mail and other information, please us the contact us page.
16. Policy Changes - To accommodate changes in the Web sites, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time in Books4People discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. Books4People collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. Your continued dealings with Books4People or your use of the Web sites subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Web sites you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. You should also bookmark this page and periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.
17. Payment Security - We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
18. Your Comments - If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please contact us page.
Books 4 People - The Peoples Book Store to Buy Discounted Books Online
Books 4 People is a High Discounted Bookstore where you can Buy Popular Books Online at low prices. There's a World of books to choose from such as: Children's Books, Range includes Baby Books (0-3), Books for Toddlers (3-5), Early Readers (5-7), Childrens Story books (7-11), Young Teens (11-14), Young Adults (14-16) and Childrens Educational Books. Our Adult Fiction Books, Range includes Classics Novels, Comic Books, Crime, Thriller, Mystery Novels, General Fiction, Horror, Romance, Science Fiction and War. Our Non-Fiction Range includes: Academic, Photography, Audio books, Business, Cook Books, Craft Books, Health and Fitness Books, Mind, Body, Spirit (Tarot). Visit Web: Books4people.co.uk - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Telephone 0116 2519123, Trade Catalogue: PDF - EXCEL - Trade Enquiries